WELCOME TO HOME HEALTH OT
Become a successful home health OTR or COTA with the skills and tools you need from our in-depth home health guide!
Are you interested in creating a successful career as a home health OT or COTA? Written specifically for OTRs and COTAs by a successful home health occupational therapist and entrepreneur, this book is a detailed introduction and a step-by-step guide of the secrets and strategies for a rewarding and financially lucrative home health career.
This friendly, well-written, 95-page guide is for OTRs and/or COTAs considering a career in home health or currently working in home health and looking to expand their knowledge of the industry.
After reading this book you will:
- Have an in-depth understanding of how home health works
- Learn the purpose and role of the OTR/COTA while in the patient’s home
- Understand the intricacies of home health documentation and Medicare requirements
- Learn practical advice to protect your license while providing excellent home care
- Recognize and avoid common pitfalls often experienced by new Home Health therapists
- Get organized, improve outcomes and understand Medicare, Agency and patient expectations
- Improve your ability to set patient appointments for visits and manage patient objections
- Receive scripts, templates and real-life examples on what to write and what to say to doctors, clinicians and patients
- Gain strategies and insights necessary to begin or enhance your successful career in this lucrative field
- Discover the 11 members of the home health team
- Learn pay ranges for home health OTRs and COTAs and strategies to increase earning potential
- Determine the difference between case communication notes, MD orders, and missed visit notes
- Understand the importance of the OASIS and OTs role in completing this document
- Discover if Home Health is right for you
- Have access to a free Home Exercise Program template designed to get you started with your patients
- Understand the pros and cons of occupational therapy in the patient’s home, including real life examples
Want to show your OT love? Of course you do! Click the OT PRODUCTS link for beautifully designed T-shirts, mugs, pillows, hoodies and more, all celebrating Occupational Therapy!
Need home health OT equipment recommendations? Click the EQUIPMENT link for suggestions.
Enter your name and email address for FREE instant access to the Home Exercise Program patient handout for OTRs/COTAs and the assessment tools for OTRs
Butterfly Occupational Therapist
I Love OT!
The items recommended here are for both OTRs and COTAs. You can certainly perform home health treatment without props and tools, however, you may find these recommendations helpful while in the field to make your day smoother or to assist you in quality patient care....
This section includes equipment required for home health, such as a blood pressure cuff or thermometer, and additional handy items, such as scrubs and lunchbox ideas. Your agency will provide you with required items if you are an employee. Independent contractors are...